Well here we are! A month (and a few days, oops!) have gone by! Time for another update!!
So, last you hard from us, Jay gave our big announcement! Yay! I am so excited to be a mommy! I never thought it would happen this soon, but God has bigger plans!
I come from a big family (There are 10 of us kids) of which I am the oldest (by about 7 years). As you can tell, I know quite a bit about taking care of kiddos. When I was preparing for our wedding,I had many chats with God discussing my want for kids in the future. In the end I surrendered myself saying “God, I would prefer to have a break from taking care of children for now, but if you have other plans, I know that you have a bigger purpose in mind!” So you can imagine my surprise when, exactly three months after our wedding, I took one of my “just in case” tests and saw the little plus sign appear. (Yes, I did make Jay go to the store to buy a few more. You know, just in case the first two I took were faulty )
To answer some questions that MANY people have been asking Jay and I :
1. Yes, I did have morning sickness for a few weeks, but I don’t have it much any more (Thank goodness!)
2. As of today I am 19 weeks (Yay!)
3. Baby’s Due date is August 7th
4. Yes, we are still leaving to Haiti in November, and yes it will be safe for the baby
5. No we do not know if it is a boy or a girl yet, but we should find out soon! (I will post when we announce it to friends and family!)
I feel so blessed to have Jay in my life right now. He has learnt how to adapt to my growing appitite and changing tastes. He is my HERO when it comes to yucky smells and dirty dishes. God knew what he was doing when He put us together!
Well, that is all for now, but I hope to update a bit more frequently than once a month, especially with the little one growing up so fast!