Do you like lists?
1. Learning how to avoid/kill:
Other freaky looking bugs
2. Geckos chirping in the walls/ceiling
(a. they can be LOUD. b. I was convinced for a year that they were rats)
3. Lizards EVERYWHERE
(Including your living room walls)
4. Lugging 5 gallons of drinking water across base every week
(Approx 1/5 of a mile)
5. Having little or no water pressure when the electric is off.
(Inconvenient for showers and washing dishes)
6. Not having electricity 24/7
(Yay for a generator though!)
( Yet again self explanatory)
(Except in dry season...... then its dust)
10.Everything imported is almost twice it's original cost
(Sad day when you want M&Ms and they cost over $2)
11. Spending .50 for a street food breakfast
(Pates. They are amazing. Here is a pic: http://bit.ly/1kN2I8z)
12.Spending .25 for a glass bottle of amazing coke
(Drinking coke in america will never be the same)
(Caution: Don't drink after 3:00pm, or you will be up ALL. NIGHT. LONG)
14. No seasons.... Except wet and dry
(Its kinda nice, though I occasionally miss jacket weather)
15.People eating Spaghetti for breakfast
(Apparently Haitians blend it up and give it to their kids as baby food too)
(Rice with beans, rice with carrots, rice with sauce)
(Beans with rice, beans in a sauce, beans as a sauce)
18. More rice
20. Digicel sending you 50 bajillion texts a day.
(The joy you get by getting a text.... just to have it crushed by the realization that its just your friendly neighborhood cell service provider, sending yet ANOTHER promotion. Someone give me a hammer)
Things are pretty slow here on base with no teams and DTS being finished with, so I figured I would inject a little humor into our weekly post.
Hope you enjoyed!