The cardiologist appointment we told you about last week has come and gone. Evie's doctor unfortunately had to be called away on a family emergency right as we got into exam room, but they quickly rearranged some schedules and had one of the other cardiologists come in and take a look at Evie. She was all smiles for the appointment and for good reason!
The doctor said she was looking great! Her blood pressure is normal and consistent throughout her body and the repaired area was looking normal too.
He wasn't familiar with our case enough to say that we could go back to Haiti, but we called the office a few days after the appointment to see if the normal doctor was back.
The normal doctor said that he wanted to see Evie just one more time in a few weeks and that if she is still doing well then we would be cleared to go home. And because she has been doing so well he said we could go ahead and purchase the tickets now before prices continue to climb. The airline was nice enough to put our tickets on hold back when we first learned about Evie's surgery, so these new tickets were covered.
The airline, however, was not nice enough to waive the normal change fee associated with changing your reservations. So at $200 per passenger change (Evie not included), we had to bite the bullet on that one. Spend $600 extra so that we could get access to the $1,000 we already spent. (You can't blame the airline though. They had three extra seats on a flight in December that may or may not have been filled before the flight. We won't hold a grudge against them.)
Ok enough bad news.
We are celebrating God's healing and His provision! (Go on, you can join the party right from your desk or wherever you read this.)